Sing with Us!
The South Shore Chorale is a volunteer community choir in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. Depending on the semester, our Chorale will bring together between 130-150 singers from all walks of life. Rehearsals take place every Tuesday from 7:00-9:15 pm in the Fond du Lac High School Choir Room. Our fall semester begins after Labor Day and concludes with a Christmas Concert in early December. Our second semester begins in January with a concert in April. Depending on the year, other concerts may occur based on the performance demands.
Guidelines for membership into South Shore Chorale:
- There is no required audition to sing. If you love to sing, then this is the choir for you.
- Previous choral music is helpful, but not required. An ability to follow a choral score will aid your ability to follow rehearsals.
- Membership is open to adults. High school students are welcome to join with SSC Music Director approval. High school students interested in singing should contact Cory Schneider at [email protected]
- It is expected that you will be attend all rehearsals. With that said, we also understand that there may be a conflict once in a while with a rehearsal. A good rule of thumb is that you shouldn’t miss more than 2-3 rehearsals per semester.
If you would like to be added to our singer mailing list, please fill out the webform located here: http://southshorechorale.groupanizer.com/contact
Top Ten Reasons to join South Shore Chorale
10. When people ask you to serve on the Church Council, you can say you're too busy.
9. You can't hear the telephone ring while you're at rehearsal.
8. There are no NFL or College Football games on Tuesday nights.
7. You get to listen to good music and spend time with good friends.
6. You get some use out of those courses in (pick one or more) Spanish, Latin, Italian, German you signed up for all those years ago.
5. The next time you run into John Rutter, you can tell him you have sung his music.
4. People will admire your artistic soul, even if your day job is repossessing cars.
3. As long as you're at rehearsal, your A) baby, B) spouse, C) boss, D) parents, E) schnauzer, F) creditors can't demand your attention.
2. Singers have, on average, 27% greater lung capacity than non-singers, and singing is aerobic.
1. You get a back rub at every rehearsal, sometimes from a person of the opposite sex!